Monday, August 31, 2009

Blue Man's Society

I would like you all to first watch this video then proceed to what I’ve written.




This video is essentially directly emphasizing people’s initial reactions to technology. The way I see the video is that the Blue Man Group is directly related to the population. They see a new piece of technology, aka the funky pipe thing. When they first start using the pipe thing it is very new and strange to them and as they use it they start to learn what it can do. As this progressed they learn to master the new thing and harbor its abilities. This is when they become (no pun intended) in tune with the new technology.
This video to me explains how the human race works with technology. We first see the technology and question its uses or practicalities. After we are comfortable with that we start to experiment and eventually we thrive and learn what all is possible with that technology. Just like the Blue Man Group once we master one technology we build another to keep our ever-growing desire to find new products that we start the process over and over. This video just put that in perspective for me as I watched it and me hope you all got the same reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment