Monday, August 31, 2009

Science vs Technology Transformer Style

Hey!!
As I mentioned in Angel, I am a huge fan of the Transformers movie. I think that it is a great example of how we, as humans, look at technology. While I was watching this trailer for the movie, I noticed even more how much technology does affect every day living. I know that it is extreme, but in this movie, the robots are in charge of keeping Earth in one piece. This means that the humans need to compromise with them in order to save their planet. If the robots (technology) didn't exist, then everything would have gone completely down hill in the movie, but because the humans realized how much they needed technology in order to survive, the plot ensues the way it does and of course it has a happy ending. I think that these movies give great examples of technology in our culture and how much we depend on it. From simple things like a dishwasher or lights to hybrid cars, cell phones, and massive robots, technology is everywhere and we depend on it just like it depends on us to create newer and better things.

Here is the movie trailer that I was referencing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhtGnCa8x2k

No comments:

Post a Comment