Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Is There Such a Thing as Too Much Technology?

http://ignca.nic.in/ls_03019.htm

This is an excerpt from a series of books Culture and Development. It is a lot of reading but still an interesting read.

"Today in many developing countries insufficient progress in science and technology is considered to be the chief reason for general backwardness; on the contrary, many in the industrially advanced societies hold unfettered technological progress as the roots of all social ills."

I would have to agree at least a little with the fact that too much technology can be a bad thing. For one, I get very annoyed when I call a customer service line, I can't talk to a person. I have to go through a bunch of recorded voices giving me options to choose from. Sure, eventually I'll end up talking to an actual person, but it takes so much longer than it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment